We finally made it down to Point Loma to visit the year-old Stone World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, and it was eye-opening, jaw-dropping, and thirst-quenching! The sprawling compound was so impressive that we’ve put together a virtual walk through of the property. Check out one of the most impressive craft beer properties we’ve ever seen after the jump.
Just when you thought Stone Brewing Co has given up on their project to open a brewery in Europe, the brewery has announced that they will open a $25-million complex in Berlin in 2015! Details after the jump. Read more →
It’s that time of year again. The time for one of the best beer parties of the year: Blue Palms Brewhouse’s anniversary bash! This year, the party is bigger than ever, and you can win tickets from Beer of Tomorrow! Find out how after the jump.
While this isn’t new news, it is pretty exciting! I’ve waited until things are a little closer to make any comments on the new venture from the Eagle Rock Brewery team, and last weekend I heard from Owner/Brewmaster Jeremy Raub at the Food GPS Father’s Day CollaBREWtive brunch (a fantastic event by the way) that all the final approvals were in, and that they’d be pulling permits for the build-out of the space of the new brewpub. So now that they’ve launched the social networking accounts I’d say it’s a great time to post about the new venture! Read more →
I’m already steeling myself for the inevitable fallout from this post. If the amount of flack and incensed comments I’ve received from my posts deriding the Redd’s family of “ales” is any indication, I’m bound to suffer a deluge for the denigration I’m about to level on Big Beer’s attempts at Belgian White Ales. My targets this time are Blue Moon and Shock Top – those “approachable” and “gateway” brews that anyone wearing an MCI or ABI hat likes to foist upon unsuspecting drinkers. This time, however, I’m armed with more than my opinion. This time I’ve got science on my side – or at lasts semi-rigorous testing and experimentation.
If you’re a craft beer lover, you no doubt already think that Blue Moon and Shock Top are far below the par set by American craft brewers and international breweries devoted to recapturing the magic of the hazy-and-spicy Belgian Wit. Read on to discover the surprising (to me at least) results of a blind witbier tasting that I hosted recently. Read more →
Search the internet and you can find endless articles about how to “convert your wife” or “make your girl friend a beer drinker”, and they are, nearly without exception, sexist trash that treats women like second-class drinkers who can’t take agency of their own palates. However, there is one sure-fire way to turn your significant other into a beer-lover just like you. It is so simple and so easy, and amazingly the same trick even works in reverse! Ladies, you can even turn your non-beer-drinking boyfriends or hubbies into craft lovers! Find out the secret after the jump.
It’s now time for a new post that attempts to correct the most commonly mis-used terms in the world of craft beer, and we’re starting with an easy one: “adjuncts”.
Looking for Something?
Beer of Tomorrow
- World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station: Stone’s Church that Beer Built August 28, 2014
- Stone Brewing to Open Brewery in Berlin Germany in 2015 July 19, 2014
- Win Tickets to Blue Palms 6th Anniversary Party! July 17, 2014
- Eagle Rock Brewery to Open Satellite Brewpub on Colorado Blvd. June 20, 2014
- Drink These, Not Those: Blue Moon / Shock Top Edition June 18, 2014
- Blue Palms Turns 5, Win Tickets to the Anniversary Party! July 23, 2013
- Drink This, Not That: Redd’s Apple Ale August 22, 2013
- Win Tickets to Better Weather Fest From Beer of Tomorrow! September 12, 2012
- An Easy Way to Estimate How Many Calories Are In Craft Beer January 23, 2013
- Another Craft Beer Impostor Joins the Beer Wars September 13, 2012
#labw anniversary party beer belly beer tools blue palms blue palms brewhouse brewers association canned beer cans contest deschutes dogfish head downtown eagle rock brewery eagle rock brewing filling stations firestone-walker gift guide golden road golden road brewing green flash greg koch hangar 24 holiday hollywood ipa la beer week list monthly open thread pick of the weekend potw recap restaurant samuel adams san diego sierra nevada stone stone brewing stone brewing co tapped out the bruery victory video weekly
- Wp says: Awkward... I like Shock Top.
- Kip says: Nice Fish Eye! Great pics and great write-up as always man.
- Nick Danger says: ... Seriously? "Reads?" How could you get that spelling wrong? It's...
- Kelly says: Watered down, eh? How would you know? Isn't all...
- scotchlover says: Lets all stand back and clear our heads. Isn't the...
More on Beer of Tomorrow