Munchies, the food blog department of Vice Magazine’s website, picked up a story about Eagle Rock Brewery’s experimental Beetlegeist dry Irish stout. The beer debuted in May at ERB’s annual Session Fest event, and it is notable because of the unique ingredient that brewers Lee Bakofsky and Melanie Pierce used to tint the foam of the brew pink: beetles. Read more →
Unity is a beer that is brewed annually as a celebration of the hard working brewers who have helped build the craft beer scene in Los Angeles. These brewers come together at a host brewery in a showcase of creativity and esprit de corps. For the previous five years, the creation of Unity has happened at Eagle Rock Brewery [ed note], but for LA Beer Week 2015 the collaboration is moving to the South Bay.
It’s here! #LABW7 has made the move from September to June, and there’s nine days FULL of beer dinners, tap-takeovers and some other wild events! Here are a few of the highlights that we’ll be attending.
The new episode of the Beer Paper LA – On the Air podcast is available! This episode features a segment that I’m really proud of that was produced by our good friend Erika Bolden (LA Weekly, All About Beer). It’s a companion piece to her Beer Paper article about El Segundo Brewing Co.’s Day One Dankness release of Hammerland, and the story delves into what fresh beer means, and the lengths that a brewery will go to ensure their fans are getting the freshest beer possible. Check it out!
We tried to get this up before the weekend begun, but we just missed our deadline! Regardless, you can grab the official first episode of the new podcast now!
Show notes after the break:
For the first entry into a hopefully regular series here on Beer of Tomorrow we’ve got an easy one for you. Sometime this weekend we challenge you to order a beer in a style that you don’t usually like. Here’s why: Read more →
I’m pretty excited to announce the launch of Beer Paper LA – On the Air! This is a new podcast companion to the monthly print-edition of Beer Paper LA, and it’s been a long time coming. This is just a preview episode to go along with the February issue of the paper that’s been on the streets for a couple of weeks already, and the idea is to release a new episode of the show about a week after each new issue of Beer Paper comes out. We’ll get to cover some more news and delve a little deeper into the stories that are happening in the vibrant LA craft beer scene.
We’re still working out some kinks in our equipment and workflow, and still working out the format, but this will give you an idea of what we’re planning.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the show and what kind of content you’d like to hear. Leave me a comment or send me an email.
And thanks for listening!
Looking for Something?
Beer of Tomorrow
- As Seen on Vice Munchies: Eagle Rock Brewery’s Beetlegeist July 7, 2015
- From the pages of Beer Paper LA: Unity finds a new home in 2015 June 22, 2015
- *UPDATED* LA Beer Week 2015 Is Here! Some Can’t-Miss Events June 19, 2015
- Beer Paper LA – On the Air Episode 002 April 24, 2015
- Episode One of the Beer Paper LA – On the Air podcast is done! March 13, 2015
- Drink This, Not That: Redd’s Apple Ale August 22, 2013
- Blue Palms Turns 5, Win Tickets to the Anniversary Party! July 23, 2013
- An Easy Way to Estimate How Many Calories Are In Craft Beer January 23, 2013
- Win Tickets to Better Weather Fest From Beer of Tomorrow! September 12, 2012
- Another Craft Beer Impostor Joins the Beer Wars September 13, 2012
#labw beer belly beer tools blue palms blue palms brewhouse brewers association canned beer cans contest dogfish head downtown eagle rock brewery eagle rock brewing erb filling stations firestone-walker golden road golden road brewing green flash greg koch hangar 24 holiday hollywood ipa la beer week list monthly open thread pick of the weekend podcast potw recap restaurant samuel adams san diego sierra nevada stone stone brewing stone brewing co tapped out thanksgiving the bruery victory video weekly
- asd says: nice
- How To Gain Weight Easily | Fix How To says: [...] An Easy Way to Estimate How Many Calories Are In...
- American English-the language of growlers, howlers, and other guttural utterances. | popagandaculture says: [...] Songs that Shriek, Howl, and Wail http://www.audioenglish.org Howlin Wolf Werewolves...
- Neeeechole says: Sorry, in my last post I said 'the best of the...
- Neeeechole says: While I completely agree with you on the point that these...
More on Beer of Tomorrow