- Los Angeles’ Craft Beer Revolution Is in Full Swing: Writing fo the LA Weekly Jason Bernstein, co-owner of ”ale-intensive gastropub” Golden State, talks about craft beer’s increasing foot-hold in Los Angeles’ hip restaurants and in the Angeleno’s consensus. (LA Weekly)
- American Macro Breweries are Sweating the Craft Revolution: As craft beer sales skyrocket, and the big American breweries watch their own sales slip, they grasp at straws to keep their core customers coming back to insipid and misbegotten brews. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Angel City Brewing Reborn as Development Lab for the Boston Beer Co: Alan Newman, the founder of Magic Hat Brewing, is brought out of retirement by Boston Beer Co’s Jim Koch to head the new “craft beer incubator” Alchemy and Science, and Alan is interviewed about how he will make an impact on craft beer in Los Angeles. (Burlington Free Press)
- Another New “White IPA” is the Result of Collaboration Between Green Flash and Founders Brewing: Details are scarce on the Linchpin White IPA, but rumors are the 7%abv IPA hybrid was brewed a couple of weeks ago. (thefullpint.com)
- Anchor Brewing Will have a Taproom at the San Francisco Giant’s AT&T Park: Starting on opening day Giants fans will be able to get a pint of the brewery’s flagship beers (and even a Junipero Gin & tonic) from “Anchor Plaza” atop the center-field wall. (Bay Area Craft Beer)
Monthly: March 2012
Cascade Hops are synonymous with the American Pale Ale, and the citrusy and piney aroma that it lends to a beer is distinctive and very popular with brewers. Surprisingly Stone Brewing Co had never used cascade hops in any of their beers until 2012! According to The Stone Blog when Stone founders Greg Koch and Steve Wagner were developing their signature Pale Ale they wanted to be sure to distance it from the popular Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and so they chose a very different hop schedule centered on Columbus hops. And for over the next 15 years they never used the popular Cascade variety. Read more →
Dan over at thefullpint.com expresses his ire at the craft beer industry’s attempts to cash in on the popularity of India Pale Ales with a constant parade of new “styles” and off-shoots. We touched on this in our Get to Know a Style: IPA, and Dan is concerned that core features of an IPA; color, hops, and balance, are not being adhered to by all the white IPAs and black IPAs and hop-free IPAs that brewers are developing. Read more →
Welcome to Beer of Tomorrow! We are a new site devoted to spreading the word about the craft beer revolution to beer-geeks and newcomers alike. Read more →
Hamish, a friend of the site’s and all-around righteous Kiwi, recently returned to Los Angeles from his homeland with his luggage brimming with New Zealand brewed beers. He invited some local beer nerds over to his pad one Friday for a horizontal tasting of his bounty from the southern hemisphere. There were six or seven tasters and the bottles ranged from 12oz to 22oz bombers so our pours were small, but they were enough to get an impression of the brews and make some determinations about our favorites. Read more →
On a bright and crisp Sunday in March LA’s newest craft brewery, Golden Road Brewing, opened their doors and tapped some kegs for a low-key beer festival to benefit the Whole Planet Foundation. The event was held on the brewery’s campus in the big blue building that houses Golden Road’s brew-house, fermenters, and canning line. This was one of the few occasions that the public has been able to tour the sprawling facility, and Beer of Tomorrow was there for a behind the scenes look and taste of the best canned beer coming out of Los Angeles. Read more →
Looking for Something?
Beer of Tomorrow
- Golden Road Brewing Cans New Kolsch, Keeps The Wolf Around All Year May 15, 2013
- Trumer Pils Sticks to Tradition, Shoots Itself In Foot May 14, 2013
- Total Wine and More – A Superstore That Pays Attention to the Local Community May 13, 2013
- Easy Drinking Beers On Display at Eagle Rock Brewery’s Session Fest May 10, 2013
- Find Beer Paper LA In Hollywood May 9, 2013
- Win Tickets to Better Weather Fest From Beer of Tomorrow! September 12, 2012
- One Year of Beer of Tomorrow! February 27, 2013
- Another Craft Beer Impostor Joins the Beer Wars September 13, 2012
- Three Takes on Hoppy Wheat Beers September 11, 2012
- Beer of Tomorrow Open Thread, April 27th 2012 April 27, 2012
#labw anniversary party beer belly beer tools blue palms brewhouse brewers association canned beer cans deschutes dogfish head downtown eagle rock brewery eagle rock brewing festival filling stations firestone-walker gift guide golden road golden road brewing green flash greg koch hangar 24 holiday hollywood ipa la beer week monthly open thread pick of the weekend potw prima pils recap restaurant russian river samuel adams sierra nevada solidarity stone stone brewing stone brewing co tapped out victory video weekly yeastie boys
- Nitch says: Although everything you say is completely true and I agree entirely,...
- Sweet Rose Creamery | Beer + Ice Cream: Awesome says: [...] Read more of the original article. [...]
- Bob says: It's gonna be a GRB summer! Exciting news for sure!
- Julie says: I love love loved it. Great beers, so much creativity,...
- greg says: I'm kicking myself for missing this.
More on Beer of Tomorrow