In February 2013 the Food Editor for the Los Angeles Times approached me about covering beer for their newly emphasized Daily Dish blog. The site is the on-line companion to the printed Food section of the paper, and it covers everything from restaurant reviews — including some pieces written by a personal hero, and Pulitzer Prize winning writer, Jonathan Gold — to food-related television. I jumped at the opportunity to get my writing in front of so many more eyeballs, and I’m posting a few times a week for them.
You can find all my posts on the times via this link, and here are a few highlights of my short run so far:
- Barrelworks: Wild ales find a home in Santa Barbara
- Four essential books about beer
- Expand Your Palate with Craft Beer Flights
- Beer, like milk, is best enjoyed as fresh as possible
- Five great beer stores you should know about
- Former Golden Road Brewmaster Joins Angel City
- What’s the Secret of America’s Most Sought-After Beer?
- The Best LA-Brewed IPAs
- Know Your Hops