Today is the Northern Solstice, and it marks the first day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. We’re excited that summer is finally here, and we’ve rounded up a handful of posts to get your summer started on the right foot.
Beer is traditionally a seasonal beverage, with saisons historically being brewed for consumption in the summer, and many light and refreshing summer brews coming to market from craft brewers across the country. Here are a few links and posts that will help get you kick-off summer the Beer of Tomorrow way!
- Our Memorial Day edition of Tapped-Out was an extensive round-up of “the best beer for summer” lists from around the web, and it’s a good place to start.
- Time Magazine has their picks for the best summer beers as well.
- Shandies are a refreshing mix of beer and lemonade or soda, and our Mixing Beer #1 is a good primer on the different ways you can go about making these summer refreshers, and our follow-up post is about the all-local LA Shandy; great for those picnics in the park!
- If you’ve got some outdoor adventures planned for this summer we recommend the Can Quiver to help you tote all that delicious canned craft beer!
- The summer seasonal from the local breweries have started to hit the shelves and taps; look out for new beers from Hangar 24, Stone, and Golden Road.
- Finally, Angeleno Magazine highlights some of the best new spots in town to enjoy a craft beer.
Do you find your beer choices change during the summer months? What is the beer that says “summer” most to you?