Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
The days are getting shorter, but it sure seems like the weeks are getting longer. At least Friday is finally here, and there are some cool events this weekend to get your craft beer fix, and a few stories to keep you busy until it strikes beer o’clock!
Stone Brewing In LA
We visited the grand opening of the Stone Brewing Company Store in Pasadena yesterday, and if you haven’t been yet you should check it out! That neighborhood in Pasadena has some great craft beer spots all within walking distance of the Gold Line station. It would make from a great beery afternoon!
- Hollywood On Tap is tomorrow (October 20th) at the Paramount Studios lot, and no tickets will be sold at the door so be sure to buy them online before tomorrow!
- Also in Hollywood, Blue Palms Brewhouse is holding an informal version of last year’s Pumpkin Palooza. They’re tapping a variety of different pumpkin beers and serving dishes made with pumpkin to complement the beers. The fun begins at 3pm on Sunday the 21st.
- Rock and Brews throws a craft beer Octoberfest party at LA Live. Rocktoberfest features a bunch of local breweries and live music. On Sunday the 21st starting at 3:30pm $55 gets you admission, some snacks, and 12 3-ounce tasters.
- City Tavern in Culver City is having a Pint Night featuring the beers and people of Eagle Rock Brewery on Thursday the 25th! Details are scarce, but the event begins at 7pm.
- Memberships to the 2013 edition of The Bruery’s Reserve Society go on-sale on Wednesday the 25th at 10am. They tend to sell-out quick, so if you want to lock-in your allocation of rare and limited Bruery beers set-up an account before Wednesday so you’ll be good-to-go!
News and More Stories
- Beachwood BBQ and Brewing won big at the GABF competition last week taking home a pair of medals for their saison and their sweet stout. Smog City Brewing also won a gold for their excellent Groundworks Coffee Porter.
- Do you enjoy collecting the badges when using craft beer tracking app Untappd? Here’s a list of all the available badges, past and present, and how you can earn them.
- Beers in Paradise has a post up spotlighting one of our favorite South Bay breweries: Monkish Brewing!
- Beer Search Party recently discovered crackers made with beer; we’re looking forward to trying these out with some beer cheese and beer mustard!
- The Full Pint has a Q&A with The Bruery that covers future plans for the OC favorites and touches on the Reserve Society memberships that go on-sale next week!
That’s it for this week at Beer of Tomorrow. I know we teased the Pumpkin Beer feature last week, but we wanted to try a couple more beers before putting the article together. The wait will be worth it as we cover well over a dozen different pumpkin ales (and even a pumpkin lager!) Cheers!