Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
It’s Friday afternoon, and by now you know that means it’s time for Tapped Out where we tell you about some upcoming events around town and fill your browser tabs with links to interesting beer stories to help pass the time until the clock strikes beer o’clock!
- We had our fun in LA, and now it is time for the beer capital of California to have their’s! San Diego Beer Week kicks off today, and there are many special events, tastings, and parties throughout SD. More event details at The Full Pint, and The Stone Blog.
- Detox (then retox) at the first of Golden Road’s Saturday morning yoga classes. Ten bucks gets you an hour of yoga instruction on the new lawn and a beer for afterwards.
- Beginning on Wednesday the 7th, and on every other Wednesday in November, you can catch the LA Beer Hop bus as it loops between Tony’s Darts Away, Mohawk Bend, and Golden Road Brewing. Reservations are encouraged.
- Beer-Brunches are getting more popular around town, and you can get your Sunday brunch fix with special menus and beers at Mohawk Bend, Tony’s Darts Away, Beer Belly, and District 13. Where is your favorite beer-brunch spot in town?
- Beats more your jam than brunches? Sign up and bring some vinyl to Tony’s on Sunday night to spin-up your very own DJ set!
News and More Stories
- Angel City Brewing recently poured their beers for the VIP reception at the new Space Shuttle Endeavour exhibit at the California Science Center! The exhibit is now open to the public, and we can’t wait to check it out.
- Have a bunch of left-over Halloween candy? Why not pair it with some beer and score two birds with one stone? Both Serious Eats and The Beer Wench have posts up about the best candy + beer pairings. Our favorite? A Take5 bar with just about anything!
- It’s official: Stimulus is pouring again at Eagle Rock Brewery! They are even filling growlers with it for a limited time, and while you’re there getting a fill if you ask nicely they might hook you up with this delicious Solidarity + Stimulus black and tan!
- Like the label-art on Port and Lost Abbey beers? Here’s a nice piece showcasing the local artist responsible.
- Steve Kinsey, founder of Kenetic Brewing and brewer of one of our favorite fresh-hop ales, is interviewed on Food GPS
- For your viewing pleasure here is a recent episode of New Brew Thursday that visits LA’s own Library Ale House:
Now that November has come don’t miss our round-up of favorite posts from October, and get ready for some holiday beers! We were amazed at how many winter-seasonal beers are making it to the shelves already! What’s your favorite holiday-release beer?