Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
- Tony’s Darts Away Celebrates Their Two Year Anniversary With a Giant Party: Tomorrow starting at noon Tony Yanow’s beloved Burbank dive-bar turned California craft beer treasure-trove will double in size for the party, where $30 gets you five 6oz. tasters, a commemorative glass, and all sorts of delicious vegan (and non) snacks. (LA Weekly)
- Join the Beer Club at the New Los Angeles Brewing Company: Downtown’s newest beer destination, that features 100+ taps, now has a beer club that will reward you for drinking 50 or 100 different beers with an engraved mug or a free pint & snack for life! (LA Brewing Co)
- Beachwood BBQ in Long Beach Throwing an ‘Ode to Lambic’ Party: On May 6th the Long Beach brewpub will host an afternoon of wild ales and the brewers behind them, and the tap/bottle list looks mighty impressive! (Thefullpint)
- The First Annual Waves of Grain Beerfest is on Sunday: Dozens of California and national breweries are taking over the trendy Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach on sunday for an event benefitting the Roundhouse Aquarium on sunday, and $40 gets you into the party. (thefullpint)
- Karl Strauss is the Next California Brewery to Announce Massive Expansion: Banks these days love lending money to established brewing operations, and Karl Strauss is using the easy capital to open new operations in Northern California, as well as add a new brewpub in San Diego. (thefullpint)