Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
We’ve rounded up the killer events this weekend, we’ve got some great links to stories from around the web, and there is even a beer-centered crossword puzzle to help you make it through the rest of friday!
- Tonight! Brew at the LA Zoo Brings Beer, Music, and (Party) Animals Together: One of our favorite events of the whole year starts tonight at 6pm. (LA Zoo)
- Claremont Craft Ales Opens a Tasting Room: The grand opening celebration is today starting at 4pm and goes until 8pm. (Clarmont Craft Ales)
- Hollywood’s Best Brewpub Turns Four: Join the celebration at Blue Palms on Sunday from noon until 8pm. $45 for 12 5-ounce tasters from an insane tap list. (Blue Palms)
- Still Some Tickets Left for Stone’s 16th Anniversary Party: The giant party is just around the corner; don’t wait too long to grab some tickets if you’re planning on heading to SD instead of staying local for the LA Craft Beer Crawl! (Stone)
- The Surly Goat Welcomes Maui Brewing Co for a Special Event: On Wednesday the 15th you can checkout the amazing beers from the Aloha State (including some new to the mainland). (The Surly Goat)
- Some Stone Specialty Beers Coming to 4-Packs: Stone’s Ruination, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, and Sublimely Self Righteous will move from 6-packs to 4-packs while retaining the same per-bottle price (they will all also still be available in 22oz bottles). Great move by stone to makes these beers a little easier to buy for the consumer. (Beerpulse.com)
- Midwest-Favorite Boulevard Brewing Is Possibly Coming to California: Beerpulse.com reports that Kansas City’s Boulevard is in talks to ink a deal for California distribution.
- The South Bay Now Has FIVE Breweries: The brewer-boom is really exploding in the South Bay with El Segundo Brewing, Monkish, Strand Brewing, The Brewery at Abigaile, and Brouwrij West now operating, and Smog City in the works! (CA Patch)
- New Beers from Angel City Are On the Way: Eater reports that two new styles from the Downtown brewery will launch in “a few weeks.” These could be some of the brews, mostly IPAs, that were previewed at the Bloomfest two weeks ago. (La.Eater.com)
- The Top Women Revolutionizing Craft Beer In the Weekly Pint: Abby Titcomb from Three Floyds, The Beer Wench, and The Beer Chicks all make the list, but where is Meg from Golden Road and Cyrena from Ladyface? (The Weekly Pint)
That’s about it for this week, we hope to see you at one of this weekend’s awesome events! Let us know if you are planning to attend. And if you still need to kill those last painful minutes before quitting time we recommend this beery crossword puzzle (just mind the spelling on 2-Down)!