Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Is everyone taking their milk-thistle and drinking lots of water? With all these great mid-August beer events all our livers could use a little love. And things are not slowing down anytime soon!
- TIckets Have Just Sold-Out for the LA Craft Beer Crawl: The event is Saturday from 3pm to 7pm with a ton of beers being poured across seven Downtown bars and restaurants (LA Weekly)
- You Can Still Get Tickets for the Stone 16th Anniversary Party on Saturday: The Brewer’s reception is tonight and two sessions of the beer festival are tomorrow starting at 11am. (Stone)
- Golden Road Storms Atwater Village and Los Feliz for Their Second Pub Crawl: The beer-fueled march begins tonight at 6pm at Tam O’Shanter and we hear that there will be dancing. (Facebook)
- It’s a busy weekend for Golden Road: In addition to the LA Beer Crawl and the Los Feliz Pub Crawl, GRB kicks off Bikes and Beers Week with New Belgium Brewing on Sunday with more events all week long, they are the featured brewery at the Little Piggy event at Haven Gastropub in Pasadena, and they will be pouring the New Belgium and Alpine collaboration Super IPA for #SnifterSunday! (all links Facebook)
- LA Beer Week Is Just Around The Corner, and Tickets for the Closing Party Are Now On Sale: One of the biggest LA Craft Beer events of the whole year, the festival takes-over the gorgeous Union Station on Sunday September 30th at Noon; don’t sleep on this one! (LA Beer Week)
The Week in Beer
- President Obama’s Homebrew Has Been All Over the Media. He gave a bottle to a seemingly random guy at a campaign stop in Iowa. Turns out the guy was “The Beer Guy,” a craft beer lover and traveling beer salesmen. According to Reddit he still hasn’t decided if he will drink the beer or save it. (We think he should drink it!)
- Craft Beer Is An Increasingly Important Piece of Big Beer’s Earnings: Miller-Coors and AB-InBev are going to great lengths to slow their loss of market share to craft beer, and Blue Moon and Shocktop are just the beginning.
- “Craft Beer” Was Added to the Websters Collegiate Dictionary: The definition, “a specialty beer produced in limited quantities,” Is a little more succinct than the accepted Brewer’s Association definition of “craft brewer”.
- Stone’s other Anniversary Beer will see limited distribution as a pilot program before rolling-out to more markets. (Brewpulse)
- Finally, KegWorks has a fun gallery of ten beer-inspired lego builds:
That’s it for Beer of Tomorrow this week! We hope you have a wonderful weekend; are you planning to hit-up any of the beery events around town? Any beers in your fridge that are calling your name? Let’s hear about them in the comments.