Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Summer i s winding-down, but the beer-event season is picking-up more steam! Los Angeles might be kind of a quiet over the holiday weekend, but there are still a few events happening around town to keep you beer’d up!
- Dogfish Head Brings Some 120 Minute IPA and Takes Over the Taps at Steingarten LA: Tonight starting at 6pm the Dogfish Head crew will be pouring one hell of a tap-list at Stiengarten. Wold Wide Stout, 120 Minute, Hellhound On My Ale and a bunch of other specialities. (Dogfish Head)
- Saturday is the Alpine Village Bier Fest in Torrance: $40 gets you 20 3-ounce tasters from dozens of local and national breweries all in a Bavarian-themed village for a taste of Oktoberfest in September! (Alpine Village Center)
- Join Greg Koch for a Stone Brewing Tap Takeover at Hollywood’s Lucky Devils: On saturday beginning at 6pm there will be 12 Stone beers on-tap, including some gems like Stone 12th Anniversary, Green Tea IPA aged in Red Wine Barrels, and Enjoy By 9.21.12, and the Stone founder will be on-hand to chat! (Lucky Devils)
- Sourfest Begins at Library Ale House on Tuesday: Tuesday has a line-up of sours all from local breweries, and the celebration of the tart and puckering continues all week-long. (Facebook)
Beer Beer Everywhere
- Serious Eats has a tongue-in-cheek look at the best beer and junk-food pairings.
- Lots of DUI checkpoints around town this weekend; stay safe and call a cab!
- Here is an older piece that is a great read about the Vinne Cilurzo, the brewer behind Russian River Brewing, and his history in the craft beer industry
- Here is another piece on Vinne, this time an interview with the Chowhound people.
Have any beers that you are particularly looking forward to trying over the holiday weekend?
Have a great end of your summer, and stay safe!