Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
August is already heating up with new beers and some marquee events on the books! Keep reading to find out about the wolves, the zoo, and more!
- Snifter Sunday Returns to the Pub at Golden Road: The first installment in August features Epic Brewing’s Brainless on Peaches and some special surprises. (Facebook)
- Flights of Eagle Rock Beers at Mohawk Bend: Tuesday’s Summer Flight Series features a mix of Eagle Rock’s core and specialty beers, and some ERB personalities will be on-hand to chat about the beers. (Facebook)
- Drink Beers with Some of LA’s Biggest Party Animals: Friday the 10th the wildly popular Brew at the LA Zoo returns. Enjoy sampling a variety of beers while wandering select exhibits and listening to local bands. This is one of our favorite beer-events of the year; Don’t miss it! (LA Zoo)
- Local Blogger Beer Guy LA has a comprehensive list of August beer events: Check it out for even more stuff to do around town this month! (Beer Guy LA)
- Wolf Among Weeds is Golden Road’s New Limited Edition IPA: The canned IPA is an 8%ABV hop-bomb, and we think it’s one of the best beers to come out of Golden Road yet! A very limited number of 16oz cans in 4-packs should be hitting LA bottles shops (and presumably Whole Foods) starting today. (LA Times)
- CBS LA Lists the Best Beers from Los Angeles: Their pick for the 5-best “homegrown LA breweries” is mostly straight forward, but it has a couple of surprises. (CBS LA)
- Angel City Brewery Profiled by iDigLA: A nice write-up with great pictures of the new downtown operation.
That’s it for this week at Beer of Tomorrow; do you have any beer-related plans this weekend? Looking forward to any special beers? Let’s hear about it!