Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
The week following a holiday-shortened week is always extra brutal, but you’re nearly there! That light you see is the end of the tunnel, and beer time is close! Join us in Tapped-Out; you’re not getting anymore work done this week anyways…
- Blue Palms Brewhouse Hosts New Belgium Tonight: Meet the brewers and sample a variety of the Colorado Brewery’s beers, including favorites like Tart Lychee and Somersault, tonight starting at 5pm. (Facebook)
- Pasadena’s Craftsman Brewing Hits Beer Belly for a One Night Stand: Craftsman, a fantastic brewery that doesn’t get a lot of press, makes some great beers, and you can sample a wide selection on Wednesday the 18th at Beer Belly’s next One Night Stand.
- Golden Road Brewing Celebrates Their San Diego Distribution with a Party at Stone: Tuesday the 17th, starting at 5pm, you can meet Meg, Jon, and more of the GRB crew at Stone’s Bistro and World Gardens. (Facebook)
Mark Your Calendars:
There are a couple of events happening next month might sell-out soon, so if you’re interested in these you may want to score your tickets soon!
- Blue Palms Brewhouse’s 4th Anniversary Party: This is going to quite the event in Hollywood: a $45 ticket gets you access to the outdoor festival area, a commemorative glass, and twelve 5oz tasters! (Facebook)
- Stone Brewing’s 16th Anniversary Party: The VIP tickets are already sold-out, and the sessions are going fast. The party has two session on August 18th, and a $40 ticket gets you ten 4oz tasters and snacks. (Stone Brewing)
News & Stuff
- LA Ale Works Brews Their Fist Batch for an August Release: LAAW Co-Brewer Kip has a great write-up on Bierkast about the epic brew day with lots of pics. (Bierkast)
- Stone Brewing Teams-Up For Their Next Collaboration Beer: Stillwater Artisanal Ales and Evil Twin Brewing will join Stone to brew Smoked Wheat Black Saison. Wow. (Beer Pulse)
- Meg Gill from Golden Road Profiled on Drinking Made Easy: Writing for Zane Lamprey’s site The Beer Goddess talks to Meg about what it’s going to take to make LA a real top-tier craft beer city. (Drinking Made Easy)
- Wil Wheaton Writes About Brewing with His Wife: Nerd-hero and celebrity brewer Wil Wheaton wrote a nice piece on sharing his love of home brewing with his wife. (WWdN: In Exile)
- The LA Weekly Looks at a Couple of New Beer Books: Beer Awesomeness is full of irreverent fun (including keg stand techniques), while the Beer Tasting Tool Kit (from the writer of Portland’s Beervana blog) is aimed at the more serious beer fan. (LA Weekly)