Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Who doesn’t need a beer after that week? Join us in Tapped Out where we have some ideas for where you can go to celebrate craft beer and some beery news stories to pass the hours until quittin’ time.
- Beachwood BBQ 1st Anniversary Events Continue: Tonight is your last chance to celebrate the 1st anniversary of multi-award-winning brewpub Beachwood BBQ, and this week the party is at City Tavern in Culver City. The food and beer pairings begin at 6pm tonight. (Facebook)
- Celebrate Art, Music, and Beer at Downtown’s Free Bloomfest on Saturday: Angel City Brewing is the official beer of this year’s street-fair, and brewmaster Dieter will be debuting a trio of IPAs to go-along with their delicious tamarind-spiked Wit. (Facebook)
- Hangar 24 Joins Golden Road for the Second Snifter Sunday: Sunday evening starting at 8pm you can enjoy a snifter of the very first keg of Hangar 24′s new Imperial Russian Stout! (Facebook)
- Mohawk Bend Hosts Tustin’s Smog City Brewing for a Flight Night: This coming Thursday Mohawk Bend will be pouring special flights of Smog City’s local beers, and the brewer and owner will be there to chat. Don’t miss the Groundwork Coffee Porter; it is fantastic. (Facebook)
News & Fun Stuff
- KCET Names the Best Outdoor Spots to Grab a Beer on the “Eastside”: We don’t agree with all of these picks, but there are some gems in there. (KCET.org)
- Stone Pulls Rare Beer from Shelves: Stone Brewing discovered a QC issue, and possible infection, in their recent extremely limited release of 2010 Imperial Russian Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels, and they have pulled the beer from retailers and offer a no-questions-asked refund for bottles (be they full or empty). (Beerpulse)
- Firestone Walker Debuts new Proprietor Reserve Double DBA: The imperial version of the Firestone Walker flagship Double Barrel Ale has been further barrel-aged for a full year in American oak and should be in stores next week. (Beerpulse)
- Ladyface Ales Gets Cloned by the Brewing Network: Homebrewers and fans of the excellent ales coming out of Agoura Hills will enjoy this show on the Brewing Network about developing a clone recipe for the Ladyface Coffee Porter. (The Brewing Network)
- The California Governor Signs Bill to Protect Barrel-Aged Beer: There was fear in the industry about alcohol regulations getting changed to force some barrel-aged beers to be taxed as liquor and not beer, but Jerry Brown signed a bill written by the California Craft Beer Association to prevent the new taxes. (The Full Pint)
- Professional Drinker Zane Lamprey Names San Diego the #7 Best Beer City in the World: The host of Drinking Made Easy, and all-around super-boozer, is listing his take on the 25 best cities for beer on the planet, and his pick for #7 is our friendly neighbors to the south. (Drinking Made Easy)
That’s it from Beer of Tomorrow for the week! We hope you have a beer-filled and fantastic weekend!