Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Half way through June, and summer is beginning to heat up! It seems like every week brings more beer-events and new releases than the last. This week’s Tapped Out has some killer events, some super-rare new beers, and enough other fun stuff to keep you busy until the whistle-blows and it is officially beer-o’clock!
- The Inaugural Bikes Brunch Beer is tomorrow; the ride starts at Tony’s Darts Away and ends at Mohawk Bend (with a stop at Golden Road on the way): Unfortunately the event is sold-out, but you can still hit-up each of the stops to cheer-on the riders! (B3ride.com)
- Stone Brewing’s Expansion Projects Moving Forward (Somewhat Slower Than Anticipated): Final government approvals for the new Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – LIberty Station have gone through, and the project is on-pace for an early 2013 opening. (Beerpulse)
- Extremely Limited Quantities of 2009 Double Bastard Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels now available from Stone Brewing: Only around 100 cases of the beer were produced and sent to Stone’s best retail partners. Keep your eyes open for this one! (Beerpulse)
- Sunset Beer Co Hosts Firestone Walker for an Anniversary Vertical Flight: Here is your chance to try some (excellent) aged beers as the Echo Park bar/bottle-shop will be pouring two different flights of special release beers. (Facebook)
- Take Your Dad to the Father’s Day Beerfest at Rock & Brews: The El Segundo brew-pub co-owned by Gene Simmons is hosting an all-day beerfest on Father’s Day (Thefullpint)
- Next Weekend the San Diego International Beer Festival is at the SD County Fair: Well over 100 breweries will be pouring unlimited 1oz tasters during each of the five sessions of the festival inside the grounds of the County Fair. (SD Fair)
- The Beer Chicks Tackle What Beer to Drink This Summer in the LA Weekly: Christina and Hallie tak about the different approaches to take when picking what beer to drink on the warm summer days in LA’s near future. (LA Weekly)
- Head of Danish Gypse-Brewer Mikkeller Sits Down with FoodGPS: His beers are strange and wonderful, and he discusses what drew him to beer and brewing while at last weekend’s Firestone Walker Invitational Brew Fest. (Food GPS)
- Paste Magazine Ranks 14 Imperial/Double IPAs: They cover many of the great I/DIPAs, but the top five had us scratching our heads a bit. (Paste Magazine)
That’s all for this week! Cheers!