Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Wow, June is here, and there are lots of great beer events in the pipeline for this summer. Here are some events, stories, and links that are sure to make you thirsty as the week winds down!
- Burger Week is back at the Oinkster! Each day next week the Eagle Rock “slow fast food” eatery will but their own spin on some classic fast-food burgers like the White Castle Slider and the Carl’s Jr Western Bacon Cheeseburger! (LA Weekly)
- Dogfish Head Pool Party at the LAX Sheraton: Saturday June 1st at 2:30pm $20 will get you 6 tasters for some special release Dogfish Head beers to enjoy pool-side! (Facebook)
- Food Republic Writes About the Basics of Craft Beer: This intro to craft beer post is a good read even if it is aimed at those new to the craft beer world. Lots of good links too. (Food Republic)
- The New York Times also tackles craft beer with a story about the amazing San Diego craft beer scene: A NY travel writer is surprised to the extent of beer’s penetration into the very culture of San Diego saying “Beer, it seems, has become as much a part of the San Diego identity as surf and sun.” (NY Times)
- Release Party for Hangar 24’s new Double IPA Essence: The Redlands’ brewery is hosting a release party in their taproom Saturday June 2nd for the newest edition of their “Local Fields Series:” a double IPA that uses local oranges, blood oranges and grapefruit. We are really excited to try this one; the Beer Guy LA already has! (Hangar 24)
- Stone is Coming to Pasadena! We mentioned this earlier, but incase you missed it Stone will open a retail store that will sell merchandise and fill growlers near Old Town Pasadena this summer! (LA Times)
- Our guide to craft beer for the Game of Thrones finale: Part 1 and Part 2
- Our guide to what to drink and where to watch the LA Kings in the Stanley Cup Final: link
- One of our favorite spots for a beer in our neighborhood gets the Filling Stations treatment: Blue Palms Brewhouse!
- Follow Beer of Tomorrow