Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Beer of Tomorrow is off to the mountains for a weekend of camping, hiking, and beer drinking! We’ve loaded the cooler down with no less than 10 different craft beers, all in cans! Unfortunately we’ll be missing some good events in-town this weekend (not to mention Game 5 of the Stanley Cup and some good baseball), but nature calls!
- Tenth Birthday Party for Stone Ruination: Stone is throwing a bash at Henry’s Pub in San Diego to celebrate the release of the 10th Anniversary Ruination beer, and the lap-list looks intense! Don’t miss this one! (Facebook)
- Details of the Ruination 10th Anniversary: Beer Pulse as distribution details and tasting notes on what could be our most anticipated beer-release of the year! (Beer Pulse)
- Golden Road Brewery Night at Sunset Beer Co: Friday night starting at 7pm head over to the Echo Park beer-mecca for a variety of special Golden Road taps, and even a mystery cask! (Facebook)
- Barrel Aged Beer Tasting at BUZZ WINE: On Friday night from 5pm – 9pm the hip spot downtown is pouring flights of six barrel aged beers, including the Firestone Walker Parabola imperial stout. (BUZZ WINE)
- Sun of a Gun Restaurant on 3rd Street Serves Up Shandy’s: A rotating selection of refreshing shandies are now being served by bartender Daniel Warrilow, and the next variety in-line is a kumquat shandy with Golden Road Hefe! (The Tasting Table)
- San Diego’s AleSmith Has Bottled Their English-Style Brown Ale: Nut Brown has been a taproom favorite, and it is now available in 22oz bottles. We just saw some at Sunset Beer co! (TheFullPint)
- Hangar 24’s New Local Fields Series Beer Is Now Available: Essence is a Double-IPA brewed with local Blood Oranges, Navel Oranges, and Grapefruit, and it is hitting store shelves now.
That’s all for this week! Cheers!