Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
Next week is the American Craft Beer Week, and there are lots of events around LA to celebrate. We also have some videos to keep you entertained this afternoon, and even an insane recipe for cheesecake. Beer Cheesecake.
- American Craft Beer Week Kicks Off Monday May 14th: More than just a celebration, the American Craft Beer Week is a call to action for spreading the word about the beer we all love! (Beer of Tomorrow)
- The Library Ale House Kicks Off ACBW with Hangar 24: From 6pm until 10pm in Santa Monica you can join the guys from Hangar 24 for the official Beer Week kick off party and sample their new barrel aged barleywine! (Facebook)
- Blue Palms Brewhouse in Hollywood Kicks off ACBW: Firestone Walker will be at the Hollywood pub to kick off Beer Week, and you gotta check out the awesome tap list! (Facebook)
- Firestone Walker Continues the Part on Tuesday at Tony’s Darts Away: If you miss the event on Monday then head up to Burbank to catch some rare kegs on tap. (Facebook)
- Vegan Beer, Eats, and Rock and Roll at the LA Vegan Beer Fest: Hit-up the Roxy on Sunset on this Saturday between noon and 5pm for the festival co-hosted by Tony’s Darts Away, and Beer of Tomorrow will be there, so Say hi! (LA Vegan Beer Fest)
- The Full Pint Talks to Brewers at the Craft Beer Conference: Check out the video of the guys from thefullpint.com interviewing Stone’s Greg Koch, and the CEO of San Diego brewery Iron Fist Brewing. (thefullpint.com)
- New Craft Beer Web-Series Launches: Episode one of “Crafty” was just released, and the new series visits, and gets a great tour at, Stone Brewing! (YouTube)
- Chocolate Beer Cheesecake With a Pretzel Crust: We haven’t tried to make this yet, but it sounds amazing. (The Beeroness)
That’s all for this week! Cheers!