Tapped Out is a weekly round-up of the stories and posts that didn’t get covered on Beer of Tomorrow but that are still interesting and worth a read. So grab your favorite weekend beer and take a look!
American Craft Beer Week is coming to a close, but there are a bunch of events this weekend to help you make the most of your celebrations and news of restaurants opening with pour-your-own taps!
- Today is Ballast Point Day in San Diego: A couple of years ago the City of San Diego named May 18th the official Ballast Point Day, and the brewery is celebrating with special pours in their taprooms and a party at Slaters 50/50 burger. (Ballast Point)
- Surf Brewery Takes Over the Taps at Whole Foods Market in Venice: Today at 6pm you can visit the Whole Foods in Venice (they have beer on tap!) to learn about and try the beers from Surf Brewery (we like their Shaka XPA). (Facebook)
- Blue Palms Brewhouse FestivALE Celebrates Beer with Fruit and Veggies: At 2pm on Saturday head to the Hollywood pub for a celebration of farmers market ingredients in beer; there is no cover charge, just 16+ taps of beers with herbs, fruit, veggies, or spices added. See you there! (Facebook)
- Saturday Is the Session Fest at Eagle Rock Brewery: Get there early to try a full tap-list of sub-5%ABV beers that are low in alcohol but are big in flavor. (Beer Search Party)
- Hangar 24 Closes Out ACBW12 With a Bang: Head over to the Redlands brewery on Sunday to listen to live bands and get the chance to taste all the beers in their limited release Barrel Roll Series. (Hangar 24)
- K-Town’s Beer Belly Turns One: Their anniversary party on Sunday has tap-list full of sours, wild ales, and other oddities. (LA Weekly)
- Restaurants In LA and OC are Installing Self-Serve Taps: The Tap Shack in Newport Beach will join Culver City’s City Tavern when it opens with self-service taps pouring craft beer at guests tables. (LAist)
That’s all for this week! Cheers!