The craft beer movement continues to gather steam. One signpost of it’s rising popularity is the increasing coverage of craft beers by major media outlets; this week Time.com published a list of The 9 Beers You’re Drinking This Summer including serving info and food pairing suggestions.
The list is split between American craft beers and high quality imports, and while the descriptions of each beer are curt they do provide a good snapshot of what you should expect. Click through to the full list to get the descriptions and food-pairing suggestions for each beer:
- Left Hand Brewing – Milk Stout Nitro
- Heller-Trum/Schlenkerla – Helles
- Oskar Blues – Mama’s Little Yella Pils
- Stone Brewing – Levitation
- Anderson Valley Brewing – Summer Solstice
- Dupont Brewery – Saison Dupont
- Ayinger Brewery – Ur Weisse
- Captain Lawrence Brewing – Captain’s Reserve Imperial IPA
- Victory Brewing – Summer Love Ale
With beers from coast-to-coast and a couple of German beers and a Belgian making the list, and a good mix of major styles represented, Time covers the bases pretty well. While we might make some difference selections for each of those spots in the list, it is great to see craft beer getting more and more national press. Now, where can we find some of that Left Hand Milk Stout…
What do you think of Time’s list? We will be covering our favorite summer beers in an upcoming post; what are your favorite brews to enjoy in the summer?
- Source: The 9 Beers You’ll Be Drinking This Summer – Time.com